Join the FSA as a Recognised Forest School Provider
The Recognised Provider Scheme is now on hold until further notice. We are reviewing huge amounts of feedback from its first year of operation and making the application process more streamlined and user-friendly. We estimate summer 2019 for trials of the new scheme and launch in autumn 2019. If you are interested in becoming a Recognised Provider, send your name and organisation to email@example.com with the subject 'Recognised Provider'.
1. Download and read the application guidance notes. We also strongly recommend that you read FSA Guidance Note - Principle 1 Long-term Forest School Programme.
2. Complete the Self Assessment Tool (optional). This document provides a self-assessment checklist to help you provide the appropriate evidence to support your application for FSA school and organisational membership. It is purely an aid for your own use and will not form part of the application itself. However, the Forest School Association (FSA) would encourage you to make use of this tool as it provides you with the opportunity to ensure that your school/organisation is following the FSA’s 6 Forest School principles on a practical level.
3. Inform the FSA that you wish to apply by completing and submitting the e-form below and paying the non-refundable administration fee of £100 (£55 for current members). This may be done immediately by debit/credit card, Direct Debit, or PayPal or else you will also be given the option to pay by bank transfer or cheque.
4. Book a telephone or Skype consultation with the FSA assessor, Lisa Pearce (Lisa@forestschoolassociation.org). This can be anything up to one hour in duration and will ensure that you fully understand the application process and the supporting evidence necessary for your particular circumstances.
5. Download the application form and CPD log. Then submit the completed application form, Continuous Professional Development log (learning activities) and supporting documents HERE. PLEASE SUBMIT THE FULL APPLICATION FORM AND EVIDENCE WITHIN 1 MONTH OF MAKING THE PAYMENT OR HAVING THE CONSULTATION, WHICHEVER IS LATER.