This course is for educators wishing to be a little more adventurous empowering their groups to create and play on structures at their sites. We will build them out of wood and rope, combining these with the natural features in the site.
At Sylva Wood Centre
Little Wittenham Road, Long Wittenham. OX14 4QT
Sarah Lawfull (Where The Fruit Is)
Play Structures with Jon Cree
We will be sharing techniques and know-how to build slightly risky structures with children , enhancing creativity and physical play at Forest School or in your own setting:
- Rope swings, rope bridges, rope crawls and rope walks
- Combining wood with rope including simple rope ladders and tree houses
- Beginners guide to simple tree houses
- Making free standing wooden structures such as ladders and sculptures to climb on
- How to minimise impact of structures on Forest school sites
Keeping within the health and safety guidelines for safe construction and use of natural structures We will cover all the health and safety aspects of working with ‘constructed’ play structures and ropes, looking at risk benefit assessments and key Health and Safety requirements.
For more information: https://www.wherethefruitis.co.uk/cpd-training-dates
There are 16 places available.