Level 3 EY and FS Forest Nursery Educator
Little Birds Forest Nursery
Closing date for applications: 10/10/18
Salary: £17,500 - £19,500 dependent on experience
Location: Pulborough, West Sussex
Job categories: Forest School Leader
Job Location: Bury, West Sussex
Job Type: Full-time or part time
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Birds Forest Nursery is an exciting, unique early years setting, which offers child- led play and learning, immersed in nature. We view the child as powerful, competent, curious, full of knowledge and potential, and interested in connecting to the world around them.
Our children are outside in nature for most of the day, with the natural environment acting as the ‘third teacher’.
We are a Reggio inspired nursery, with forest school and the Scandinavian ‘Skogsmulle’ approach at our centre.
The nursery is a small setting, we have a beautiful Victorian School House as our base, and the school grounds, farmland, woodlands and our local beaches to explore and learn in.
We are based at the foot of the South Downs, within incredible grounds which include woodlands, a wildlife area and pond, fields, and a walled garden, where we can deliver the EYFS curriculum and so much more via magical outdoor experiences and play opportunities.
We are at the beginning of an exciting journey and are opening our doors in September 2018 and we are looking to form a very special team.
We are looking for a Level 3 Nursery Practitioner, who will love to work in a small team, working with the children, parents and community, our outdoor sites and environment to help deliver a magical early years’ experience.
In this exciting role, you\'ll work predominately outside, in the woodland, in the grounds and on the beach with our children supporting them every day in their play, learning and development.
You will be an integral part of the team, and will be working in and helping to provide a rich, stimulating environment to provide many opportunities for the children to learn, transform materials, ask questions and think.
You will love the outdoors and want to and be happy to work outside.
Salary: Competitive, dependent upon experience
We are looking for dedicated, passionate and inspiring nursery practioner with minimum Level 3 EY qualification, to start ASAP.
Candidates must have a track record and full understanding of EYFS.
The person must have a natural passion for delivering exceptional childcare standards along with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- To follow the ethos of the nursery to create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
- To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between 2.5 to five years in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To ensure the EYFS is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to.
- To ensure effective communication between the staff and all partner organisations.
- To order and maintain equipment, sites, and resources in the Nursery To keep a register and up to date records of all children using the setting’s provision and to give regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress.
Qualifications required/ experience:
- Minimum level 3, Ideally level 4 in Childcare or relevant qualification.
- A clear understanding of Child Development A clear understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Every Child Matters Experience in a similar role Strong communication skills, both verbal and written DBS is required Desirable - Forest School qualification Level 3, outdoor first aid.
Benefits for our incredible team are:
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays A day off on your birthday Competitive salaries Career progression opportunities Incredible Continuous Professional development opportunities, including study breaks in Italy and Sweden Regular CPD training sessions with leading names in the Early Childhood industry.
- To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to join our team.
If you feel you have the experience and qualifications and want to be involved in this exciting new venture please apply by sending your CV to the email address.
If you have any questions about the role, please get in touch with us.
Person specification : Is this you?
- A kind, warm, and generous spirited person, who truly believes that children are powerful, creative and capable of leading their own learning An instinctive, intuitive listener, who can observe, reflect and scaffold children’s learning experiences You won’t mind getting muddy…..really, really muddy… and wearing walking shoes, waterproof clothes and layers upon layers for most of your working hours!
- Be able to recognise when and where and how to interact with children Be really, really, excited when you are shown a dead worm, a feather, a leaf…..
- Familiarity of ‘in the moment planning’, the Reggio Emilia approach or the desire to learn and adapt your practice around the philosophy Happy singing songs, know lots of songs, games and stories……. happily playing with puppets, wearing moss as a hat and scribing stories You must be brave…. brave enough to see the benefits, risk assess, and watch children climbing trees, balancing on logs, and help celebrate!
- Work as part of a small team, with no real hierarchy. All ideas, thoughts and creativity are welcome, and each team member truly a part of a beautiful approach to Early Years care and education.
- You must be adaptable, and know the ins and outs of the EYFS so when you see incredible learning experiences happen, you will just know how to extend, support and observe the wonderful, deep learning that happens You should be very willing to investigate lots of natural finds, with a stick….and not mind talking lots about bodily functions.
- Look at a natural space that would appear empty to the untrained eye and see multiple learning and playing opportunities….and be able to help create spaces for learning and play when there is not!
- An enjoyment and desire to continue to learn, every day, and reflect alone and together on your working day.
- Laugh, a lot!
- Have lots of ideas, passion, and spirit to make this setting an asset for the children, the families, the community, the school and yourself An imagination, a spirit of adventure, a hardiness and genuine warmth to all living things.
- Finally - you must be willing to work side by side, with the team, the children and our parents.
You will be one of the most important people in our children’s lives and a gateway to a lifelong love of learning……