Name of Organisation (Employer): Little Grubs Kindergarten
Position being advertised (Job title): Full time manager / kindergarten teacher
Closing date for applications : December 1st 2018
Salary (per week, month, year OR negociable, not applicable): £24.000 - 26,000 depending on experience
Location (where is this job based?): Ludlow, Shropshire
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: LITTLE GRUBS KINDERGARTEN A NEW outdoor kindergarten near Ludlow, Shropshire
Full time manager / kindergarten teacher and forest school leader This is an exciting opportunity for someone ambitious and energetic to start an outdoor kindergarten.
Opening: September 2019
Job starts: Spring 2019
- Minimum Level 5 diploma in early years education.
- Forest school leadership Level 3 (desired).
- Paediatric first aid.
- Level 3 child protection training.
- At least 3 years EYFS experience.
- Experience in key stage 1 (desired but not essential).
- Steiner or Montessori experience (desired but not essential).
- Passion for early years play and care (2.5 - 5 year olds).
- A genuine love of being outdoors in all weathers.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Helping owner build and start the kindergarten: oversee and implement plans.
- Provide effective leadership to a group of young children.
- Be efficient with practical tasks.
- Create and maintain a joyous, calm and caring atmosphere.
- Provide experiences which stimulate young children’s curiosity, creativity and imagination.
- Monitor the accuracy of development and learning records.
- Help recruit staff and oversee their continuing suitability.
- Oversee the performance of staff and provide guidance on how they can fulfil their role and responsibilities more effectively.
- Oversee safeguarding of the children.
- Assess risks and take reasonable steps to ensure that hazards are kept to a minimum.
- Perform the administrative tasks required for management.
- Increase his/her knowledge to enrich the children’s learning experiences.
- Part share of the business.
- Housing can be negotiated if relocating.
- Term time hours / long holidays.
- A two week training at Wildflowers Kindergarten in Hampshire will be required.
- A forest school leadership training would be considered if suitable candidate doesn’t have one.