Name of Organisation: The Barnes Village Nursery
The position: Forest School Leader
Closing date for applications: N/a
Location: London SW13
Explain how applicants should apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: The Role
To create from scratch and grow a new provision for an already well-established, conventional nursery with a view to rolling this out at the start of the Summer Term 2019.
Initially, the sessions would be 2/3 afternoons per week from 2 pm to 6.30pm (during the winter months the session would move inside after dark). Forest School would be a completely new provision for us so it is best suited to a fully qualified leader with experience. You would be responsible for acquiring the necessary licenses and equipment needed as well as recruiting staff from within the nursery or externally.
We will provide you with support from our office and standard provision nursery and aim to take as much of the administration and paperwork from you so you can concentrate on the practical elements of the job. We want you to be able to inspire, motivate and lead with the aim to provide the children with amazing experiences and open their minds to the wonders of learning in the outdoors.
As this will be our first term offering Forest School you will be tasked with the conception and implementation of the whole of the Forest School program. We will be guided by your expertise so it is essential that you are highly experienced and prepared for the challenge of initiating this new provision and growing it into an integral part of our overall nursery.
Person specification: Qualifications
- Level 3 Forest school qualification.
- Level 3 childcare qualification
- Level 3 Safeguarding (we can access a CPD course if required)
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- 2/3 years post qualification experience
- Experience in team leadership
Person specification: Skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own time efficiently.
- Confident and self-motivated to create and take responsibility of this new provision.
- Ability to manage and liaise with support staff and office staff.
- Knowledge of licensing, equipment, suppliers and staff ratios required for the provision
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills to establish and grow a rapport with parents and colleagues.
Any other information: What we offer:
• This is a role that you will establish and grow. We will support you every step of the way but it is really your division to run under the nursery umbrella.
• We are term time only. However, the forest school could be a provision that extends through holidays as a camp in the future.
• We expect to start with 2/3 afternoons per week from 2.30-6.30 (6.00 pickup and 30 mins wrap up) and extend this as the demand requires.
• We are a term time nursery and pay on an annual salaried basis.
• We are committed to providing continuing professional development.
• Salary and total hours, to be discussed and according to qualification. At a management level.
• Start date ideally 1st March 2019.
Salary and total hours, to be discussed and according to qualification. At a management level.
Start date ideally: 1st March 2019