Name of Organisation: The Garden Classroom
The position being advertised: Facilitator/Leader
Closing date for applications: January 25th
Salary: £150 per day
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Please send your CV and a short cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th January 2019.
Job description: TGC is seeking to increase its bank of excellent facilitators in preparation for its forthcoming 2019 Brilliant Residentials Learning Away camping programmes.
London state school primary children will join the TGC team for 2, 3 or 4-night camps over the period May, June and July 2019. TGC sites are in Chiddingstone and Kingsdown, Kent.
We are interested in finding people who are experienced and passionate about delivering high-quality outdoor learning in natural environments in a camping environment.
Person specification: Ideal candidates will already have the following skills/training:
- Forest School Level 3
- Teaching qualifications (e.g. PGCE)
- Extensive experience working with young people in the outdoors (woodlands and coastal environments preferred)
- Forest Schools first aid training (completed within the last 12 months) and/or confirmed availability for 6 & 7 March to attend TGC’s First Aid for Outdoor Learning in Natural Environments 2 day training course in Islington (based on the Forest School syllabus)
Any other information:
- Wildlife/flora & fauna interest and knowledge
- A full clean driving license (and willingness to drive)
- Availability for a minimum of 4 weeks over the period 4th May – 19 July 2019
Availability to attend the following training:
- Camp Fire Management Award training on 26th April (Faversham)
- TGC Tree & Woodland Awareness training on 30th April 2019 (Chiddingstone)
- Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Outdoor Cooking training on 29th April (Faversham).