Name of Organisation (Employer): Lucky Beans Childcare Ltd
Position being advertised (Job title): Forest School Assistants (level 2 and 3) and Nursery Teachers
Salary (per week, month, year OR negociable, not applicable): Negotiable depending on experience – we pay above minimum wage and above industry averages
Location (where is this job based?): Growing Beans Forest Nursery and Pre-school, Streatham, London
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter
Job description: You will be part of a new team at an exciting new nursery, Growing Beans Forest Nursery and Pre-school, opening in September 2018 in Streatham, London. The setting will care for up to 32 children aged from 6 months - 5 years in an innovative new way, combining the best of traditional nursery care and the new Forest School outdoor learning style. You will help to provide full-day care where the older children will be spending half the day indoors and half outdoors, while the younger children will have a higher proportion of their time indoors.
Growing Beans is part of the Lucky Beans Childcare group of child minders and nurseries in the Balham/Tooting Bec/Streatham area of south west London and is a rapidly expanding company based on the childcare ideas of it’s founder and owner, Dr. Caroline Curtis. After a successful career in the City Dr. Curtis, a chartered psychologist, decided on the birth of her fourth child to change careers and provide the sort of childcare that she, as a working parent, had always wanted for her children. Lucky Beans has already developed a strong reputation locally for giving working parents flexible, loving, high quality childcare in a home from home environment (with a particular focus on caring for SEND children) and in this setting we will be combining this with the Forest School ethos to help children become happy, inquisitive, fully rounded little individuals.
We have openings for Forest School trained individuals with level 2, level 3 and nursery teacher qualifications. We invest heavily in staff training and development and will invest in you if you commit to us. We are looking for staff who will stay with us and are dedicated – part of our pitch to parents is that we pay well to attract and keep top-quality staff that their children will get to know and love.
Your personal responsibilities will include:
- - Plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive activities for all children
- - Organise daily Forest School sessions ensuring staff ratios are maintained
- - To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of all children in accordance with Forest School rules and other legislative statutory requirements.
- - To order and maintain equipment and resources
- - To be responsible for Forest School supplementary staff monitoring and supporting them (Team Leaders)
- - Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching the forest school experience to children.
- - To supervise, observe, mentor and support children when out on forest school
- - Record children’s development and progress when out on forest school.
- - Select and use a range of different resources and teaching styles, appropriate to the forest school experience.
- - Ensure that you are familiar with the Lucky Beans health and safety guidance and be mindful of their own health and safety and that of the children.
- - Promote positive routines and boundaries to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children whilst on forest school.
- - Supervising the children at all times.
- - To be a positive role model to all staff and conduct yourselves in an appropriate professional manner at all times.
- - Where agreed, you will contribute at staff meetings.
- - Cover for absent colleagues
- - Produce daily planning which will evidence what you aim to achieve with the children
- - Ensure all planning is displayed each day so parents can access the information daily
- - Continue with your professional development and attend any relevant training as required.
- - Give regular feedback regarding development and progress to be included where appropriate in Learning Journals
- - The Forest School Practitioner must adhere to any relevant Policies and procedures
Person specification : Person specification: Skills and Knowledge · Good communications skills both written and verbal · Team Player · Ability to accurately assess and record child development · Provide ‘stage’ appropriate experiences and activities for the children in your care · Understanding of Customer Care · Understanding of EYFS
Qualifications: Level 2 or level 3 forest school leader/assistant ·
Desired, but not essential: NVQ level 3 child care qualification · Experience working with children
- Empathy and integrity with children
- Forward planning
- Customer focused
- Collaboration with other team members
- Act at all times in line with the Nursery’s Values and Mission Statement · Is an advocate of Lucky Beans Childcare
- To wear the Nursery Uniform and suitable outdoor clothing as required