The FSA is managed by a board that can have up to twelve full members on it at any one time. There will be seven vacant positions on the board at the 2019 AGM. We received four applications from members wishing to stand for election to the board. Three were from current directors who wish to restand. The election committee did not feel able to recommend that the new applicant be put forward for election at this time.
The board recommends the following candidates and invites members to formally elect them to the board as directors of the FSA. The candidates’ application forms may be viewed through the links below.
Louise Ambrose (current FSA Director and Forest School Trainer)
Jon Cree (current FSA Director and Freelance Forest School Trainer)
Geoff Mason (current FSA Director and FSA Recognised Forest School Provider
Voting process (TRAINEE MEMBERS NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE)
Applicants will be elected by ordinary resolution during the 2019 annual general meeting (23rd March 2019). However, members who are unable to attend the AGM may vote electronically simply by sending an email with the following information.
Email Subject: My vote 2019 director elections
In the body of your email please copy and paste the following text (delete the names of any candidates for whom you do not wish to vote).
Please register my votes for the following candidates in the 2019 election of FSA directors.
Your name (as you are known to the FSA)
All electronic votes must be received by midday Friday 22nd March 2019 at the latest. There will be an opportunity to vote in person at the AGM on 23rd March 2019 but you can not vote twice.
- A candidate can only be voted for ONCE by a member.
- In order to be elected as a Director – candidates require at least 50% of the vote. In other words, all directors must be acceptable to the majority of eligible members who vote. In the unlikely event of director positions not being filled then the board is prepared to function at a reduced capacity until the next election although they have the option of co-opting directors to the board if required.
- Stating NO SUITABLE CANDIDATES in your email will be recorded as a vote against each candidate.
- Electronic voting opens to membership 4th March 2019
- Electronic voting ends midday 22nd March 2019
- Votes will be announced at the AGM on 23rd March 2019