Name of Employer: Outdoor Owls
Job Title: Deputy Nursery Manager
Closing Date: : 16/09/2019
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Location: London, Richmond
How to Apply: If you’re interested in this unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of something special for children in London, please share us your CV along with answering “why you think you would be a good fit for the position” and send to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role please ask us!
Job Description: About Outdoor Owls
Outdoor Owls is on a mission to get city children outdoors. We believe nature and community provide many fun and hands-on experiences to enable healthy, happy and flourishing children. Our aim is to prepare children not just for school, but for life.
We have ambitious plans and we are delighted to be opening our first setting in Richmond, January 2020. In the future we plan to add further site locations across the city so we can reach as many children and parents as possible!
The Role – Deputy Nursery Manager
We are looking for a qualified level 3 teacher ready to take on a Deputy Manager role in a unique our outdoor setting. This person will report directly to our experienced outdoor nursery manager. Together, alongside an additional teacher, you will form the initial team caring and teaching for around ~20 children and if successful ready to take on further children.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a serious passion for outdoor learning (not afraid to get their hands dirty!) to join the project from opening and help support the team in finalising processes and operations for the setting. We have a unique ethos and curriculum and our aim will be to deliver an outstanding child and parent experience.
- Innovative and ambitious nursery project – be part of an exciting movement and make positive change!
- Outdoors and community – huge opportunity to teach and develop children outdoors (using forest schooling methods) and visits to the local community (e.g. elderly homes, farms, and much more). Spend your own days outdoors in nature and fresh air!
- Passionate and professional team – we\’re growing a special team and you will be working with experienced professionals. We are passionate about our mission and will have full confidence in our team of teachers who are key to our success.
- Career growth and opportunities – we are looking for someone to join as a deputy and with the right dedication and ability, there will be room to develop yourself further with us.
- – Work very closely with a fully experienced outdoor nursery manager to deliver our ethos and philosophy (following EYFS curriculum) to high standards, focusing on a child and nature-led, play-based approach
- – Be ready and capable to manage the site in the absence of our manager
- – Ensuring daily routines of the nursery are conducted including health and safety, and be focused on the safeguarding of our children.
- – Be innovative and creative in finding (safe) solutions to giving our children an amazing time.
- – Build great parent rapport, taking lead in communication and supporting on events.
- – Use our selected app to record and administer child learning and information for parents.
- – Supporting the nursery manager with Ofsted preparation and inspection to obtain the highest rating.
- – Involved in planning learning days and be flexible and use initiative to innovative ways to engage children.
Person Specification: : Who are you?
- – Minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS/PGCE
- – General outdoor play enthusiast and guru, ideally a qualified Forest School Leader (Level 3)
- – Experience of teaching and caring for 2-5 year olds (ideally child-led)
- – Well versed in all things EYFS
- – Confident dealing with health & safety and safeguarding of children (level 3 safeguarding qualification)
- – At least 2 years of experience of working in nurseries or early years childcare settings
Any Other Information: Further Information
Our nursery will operate 51 weeks of the year with children attending either full days or slightly short than full days. The days typically begin and end at our indoor setting (near the station) with our core learning setting being at our green space which is walking distance away. Once our nursery is successfully running we aspire to offer some funded places for children. This role commences early January.
Visit our website at www.outdoorowls.com
At Outdoor Owls you will be given a competitive salary. Along with plenty of responsibility you’ll receive: 28 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), a day off on your birthday and future professional development experiences and opportunities. As we grow we plan to offer this person other perks too (o, and of course we’ll be developing some awesome Outdoor Owls wearables not just for the children!).