Name of Employer: Out There Forest School and Kindergarten
Job Title: Deputy Forest School Leader/Assistant Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary: Between £16,150 and 16,989.80
How to Apply: Please send an email requesting an application pack to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: We are looking for a (Deputy) Forest School Leader/Assistant Manager to be a key person, lead Forest School sessions, facilitate child led and adult led activities, help set up for the day, carry out general day to day duties and offer leadership support to our kindergarten FS leader/setting manager. As assistant manager you will be expected to be the person in charge in the absence of the manager.
Our ideal candidate will be resilient, high-energy and committed to providing an outstanding early years education in a largely outdoor environment. You will strongly promote our vision and values within the team and to children and families. You will be familiar with the EYFS statutory requirements and the policies and procedures (including risk assessments) which are crucial to safeguarding children and adults in a woodland environment and nursery setting.
This is a very hands-on role. As deputy manager, you will be with the children most of the time – you’ll have your own group of key children and be working alongside the other practitioners to ensure high standards of care and early years learning.
Person Specification: Job requirements:
Experience of working in a similar setting with children aged 2-5 years old is essential. Candidates must hold at least a level 3 in Childcare diploma or equivalent and must be L3 Forest School qualified.
Any Other Information:
- Location: Brislington, Bristol, BS4 4JG
- Hours: 34 hours spread across 4 days (Mon – Thurs) Rota hours are either 7.45 – 15.45 or 8.45 to 17.45.
- Weeks: Our Kindergarten is open term time only for 38 weeks of the year and our ‘Forest School’ holiday club for another 7 weeks of the school holidays. Holiday work is available on request.
- Start: End of January 2020
- Salary: Between £16,150 and 16,989.80 working 34 hours a week, 38 weeks a year (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Salary can be increased by working additional weeks at our holiday clubs. We offer up to 45 weeks work a year.