Position being advertised: Outdoor Preschool Manager (Not for Profit Organisation)
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2017
Salary: 23,000 Pro Rata. Temp to Perm Position. Term time 38 weeks with Optional holiday club lead hours. Will consider Full Time position.
Location: Bexley (South East London Zone 6)
Job categories: Forest School Leader
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and Job definition
Job description: MAIN PURPOSE
Primary responsibility to provide a safe outdoor learning environment where children can develop with the appropriate early years learning curriculum programmes. To ensure that in accordance with Ofsted regulations all the relevant company policies and procedures are maintained, updated and delivered. To deliver those programmes and lead the Assistant Manager, Outdoor Educators, Apprentices and other session workers, ensuring the team provide a consistent and focussed approach across the ADO Academy.
Secondarily to provide a key day to day contact for site landlords, business partners and parent-carers, ensuring company communication is clear and concise, building and developing existing and future relations with all parties.
Person specification: Essential: The applicant must have at least 2 years experience of managing a setting and leading a team with experience of an Ofsted inspection.
- Minimum of level 3 training applicable to early years educator status.
- Up to date knowledge of SENDCO and their role, safeguarding and radicalisation certification, hold current 12hr paediatric first aid and food hygiene certificates in order to comply with EYFS.
- Clean driving Licence and use of own car for travel to the local head office for meetings and between the preschool and holiday club site/s.
- Level 2 or 3 in Forest School or completed IOL accredited Bushcraft Practitioner training. If not held the applicant must be prepared to financially support their own CPD in FS and or Bushcraft with operational and training support from the organisation.
- Desirable: Experience within an outdoor setting or strong experience of Forest School provision.
- Desirable: The ideal candidate will have experience of working with 2 year olds and be able to carry out and complete 2 yr old progress checks.
Any other information: Animal Days Out is a not for profit organisation providing educational and therapeutic opportunities with children young people and adults with animals, wildlife and nature. We have over 50 varying species of animals to support our therapy and education services. ADO Mini Explorers is a key part of our childcare services and is a specialist outdoor education setting for preschoolers 2 years to 5 years. We are based in a safe outdoor garden space in Bexley, Kent with attached indoor space for inclement weather and access to the local woods within a few minutes walk. We have a lovely roundhouse and outdoor shelters for activities. You can read more about ADO Mini Explorers via the designated website www.adominiexplorers.co.uk
We are looking for an enthusiastic fun loving early years educator who loves the outdoors and has a passion for outdoor play and learning to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to join an ethical not for profit organisation in a management post and help us continue to extend our services to more children and families.