Name of Organisation (Employer): The Treehouse Forestry Pre-School & Out of School Club
Position being advertised (Job title): Forestry Trained Deputy Manager
Salary (per week, month, year OR negotiable, not applicable): Negotiable depending on experience
Location (where is this job based?): Norsey Woods, Billericay, Essex
Job description: Job description: The Treehouse Forestry Pre-School and Out of School Club is looking for a forestry trained deputy manager for our setting.
Based in a 165 acre historic woodland nature reserve, we are unique to South Essex offering forestry sessions to children ranging from 2 to 11 years old.
The role will require a strong, experienced deputy manager with forestry experience to support our manager. We are looking for a candidate with the ability to lead sessions and control teams of both staff and children. When the manager is out of the setting, or completing paperwork and reports, the deputy will be required to take responsibility and lead the setting.
We believe strongly in the forestry ethos and the benefits that arise for children’s development. We try to do all that we can to be green, including an on-line booking system for parents and another system to track children’s leaning journals and development. We even have electrically assisted pod bikes to take the out of school club children to and from school.
Person specification : The key responsibilities for the deputy manager are to include:
- Supporting the setting manager to deliver a premier child care service
- Assisting the manager to lead staff teams and assisting in training and developing other staff members
- Liaising with parents and other third parties
- Act as a key worker for several children and lead staff in good practice and child development
- Assisting the manager in any EYFS compliance and implementation
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient daily running of the setting
Candidate requirements: We will require our deputy manager to have a minimum level 3 in childcare and we will consider candidates with either deputy manager experience or a strong senior that is looking to progress their career. All candidates need to have experience assisting in running a setting that incorporates both pre-school and out of school club aged children.
In addition to the above key responsibilities, the following skills will be considered favourably:
- Forest School qualified or strong forest skills and experience
- At least 5 years post qualification childcare experience.
- Experience of working in a nursery with 30 or more children per day
- A current food hygiene certificate
- A current Pediatric first aid certificate
- A valid and clean driver’s license
Any other information:
References will be required from current/previous employers, as will a DBS check.
Salary: This is a full time role with the salary negotiable for the right candidate.
We are a growing setting and this is a fantastic role for someone to develop the skills and experience to lead a forestry setting.
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Would all applications please be made via email with a copy of your latest CV, specifically detailing your experience, to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications : 31 March 2015