Name of Organisation (Employer): The Treehouse Forestry Pre-School & Out of School Club
Position being advertised (Job title): Forest Trained Setting Manager
Salary (per week, month, year OR negotiable, not applicable): Negotiable depending on experience
Location (where is this job based?): Norsey Woods, Billericay, Essex
Job description: The Treehouse Forestry Pre-School and Out of School Club is looking for a dedicated full time manager for our setting.
Based in a 165 acre historic woodland nature reserve, we are unique to South Essex offering forestry sessions to children ranging from 2 to 11 years old.
The role will require an experienced manager with forestry experience / training to run our setting and provide a premium level of child care. The setting operates from a central premises in the woods where both the pre-school and out of school club are based. The manager will be required to manage the whole setting, utilising all of the staff and resources available.
We believe strongly in the forestry ethos and the benefits that arise for children’s development. We try to do all that we can to be green, including an on-line booking system for parents and another system to track children’s leaning journals and development. We even have electrically assisted pod bikes to take the out of school club children to and from school.
Person specification : The key responsibilities for the manager are to include:
- The management of a team of ten full and part time childcare and administration staff
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and all Ofsted related matters / implementation
- Liaising with parents and other third parties
- Have a current knowledge of developments in childcare and education to ensure all policies and procedures are up to date.
- Assist with staff recruitment
- Reporting to the directors with updates on the setting
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient daily running of the setting
Candidate requirements: We will require our manager to have a minimum level 3 in childcare and have had at least 3 years’ experience running a setting that incorporates both pre-school and out of school club aged children. A working knowledge of the current EYFS is essential and the successful candidate must be great at communicating, strong at leading staff and competent to coordinate a busy setting.
In addition to the above key responsibilities, the following skills will be considered favourably:
- Forest School qualified or strong forest skills and experience
- Experience as a manager of a nursery with 30 or more children per day
- Experience in managing staff teams, allocating tasks and organising activities
- A current food hygiene certificate
- A current Pediatric first aid certificate
- A valid and clean driver’s license
Any other information: References will be required from current/previous employers, as will a DBS check.
Salary: This is a full time role with the salary negotiable for the right candidate.
We are a growing setting and this is a fantastic role for someone to develop and create a leading forestry setting.
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Would all applicants please apply by email with a covering note and supporting CV, specifically detailing previous experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications : 31st March 2015