Name of Organisation: Wildflowers Kindergarten
The Position being advertised: Early Years Educator
Closing date for applications: 31 March
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Between Winchester and Petersfield
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Please read about Wildflowers’ educational approach on www.wildflowers-kindergartens.co.uk and write to Helena detailing why you are interested and how you would be suitable for the job.
Job description: Wildflowers Kindergarten in mid-Hampshire is looking for an educator with early years or primary teaching qualification, who understands the value of play in nature and is interested in working in a setting with high standards and an inspiring vision for education.
Wildflowers provide a unique learning environment for young children and the adults supporting them. We are based in a barn and access around 25 play places in nearby woods and parkland where the group spends each morning.
Person specification: The person we are looking for must be resilient to work outdoors in all weather and be able to:
- provide effective leadership to 20 children aged 3 to 6 years
- perform practical tasks efficiently following a set routine
- continuously assess and confidently respond to risks
- listen to and observe children attentively
- respond to children’s needs and interests
- stimulate children’s curiosity, creativity and imagination
- implement a curriculum creatively without planning
- assess and provide for children’s development and learning
Any other information: Please only apply if you are qualified and able to work full time during school terms, and live within reasonable driving distance.
The position is subject to satisfactory suitability checks.