Name of Employer: Children’s House Day Nursery
How to Apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Position: Forest School Leader
Salary: Depending on age and experience
- Forest School Teacher – Taplow SL6 and Binfield RG42
Full-time, permanent position
Offering a competitive salary and opportunities for development
Would you like the outdoors and promoting children’s curiosity to be part of your daily life? If so, then please read on as we are currently looking for an inspiring individual to join our childcare company All about Children to help us create an environment full of wonder. This role will be across two nurseries within a 20 minute drive of each other. One being based in Maidenhead and the other being located in Binfield.
Forest School Teacher – Qualifications & Experience Required
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in Childcare & Education
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Forest School level 3 or level 1 desirable with a love of the outdoors.
- Full U.K Driving License
Forest School Teacher – What we can offer YOU!
- A friendly and supportive team
- Continued opportunities for professional development and training
- A competitive salary and wider benefits
- 1 week shut down over Christmas
- £500 sign on bonus (after successful completion of probationary period)
Forest School Teacher – Key Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive activities for children.
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching the forest school experience to children.
- Encourage children and show enthusiasm for their subject indoors and outside and in the forest.
- Record children’s development and progress.
- Demonstrate an awareness of Assessment for Characteristics of Effective Learning and identify the learning of all children, as appropriate.
- Select and use a range of different resources and teaching styles, appropriate to the forest school experience.
- Ensure that you are familiar with health and safety guidance and be mindful of their own health and safety and that of the children.
- Promote positive behaviour in the nursery environment, establish routines and boundaries to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children.
- Supervise the children at all times.
- To be a positive role model to all staff and conduct yourselves in an appropriate professional manner at all times.
- To positively support change across the setting
- Proactively look for opportunities to support the Nursery in day to day activities
- Where agreed, you will contribute to staff meetings
- To document appropriate communications to staff.
- Support the Manager in developing and maintaining successful and professional relationships with parents.
- Carry out such duties, including cover for absent colleagues
- Attend staff meetings, parents’ evenings and similar important functions both in and out of normal nursery hours.
- Continue with your professional development and attend any relevant training as required.
- To ensure that any animals on site are cared for and adequately provided for.
- To clean the animals out once a week and to communicate to your Nursery Manager if the animals are required to go to the vet.
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role please get in touch today.
*We are an equal opportunities employer. However, due to the nature of the role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.
Our promise to you: By submitting your application to HRI Recruitment you are providing us with permission to retain your data for up to two years. HRI Recruitment promises to act with the upmost integrity and respect when it comes to handling your data and will not share your details with any other client without 1) discussing the opportunity with you first and 2) without your verbal or written consent for us to do so.
Your right to remain silent: If you wish for us to remove your data from our CRM at any time, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and will we action your request.