Head of Forest School
Annual Salary: £30,000-£35,000
Full-time: working week: 45 hours
Experience: Level 3 Qualified Forest School and 2+ year’s experience running a Forest School class.
Location: Mill Hill, North London
Are you passionate about early years education, the outdoors and connecting children back to nature? Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” 100 place private outdoor nursery organisation?
We are looking for a nursery Head of Forest School who has room leader and forest school experience to join our FANTASTIC brand new purpose built nursery in Mill Hill, North London, with its own animal farm/vegetable patch and amazing outside space!
As the Deputy Principal, you will be tasked with ensuring the smooth running of the day in the forest and in nursery itself. You will directly report to the Nursery Principal and liaise with them daily about logistics, routines and required tasks. You will be co-responsible for ensuring the safety, safeguarding, and well-being of the children and staff, and will step up to manage the site in the absence of the Principal. You will role model and promote the setting's philosophy and ethos, showing creativity and high-energy. You will mentor and guide staff to scaffold an environment for child-led, play-based learning.
What we are looking for in our head of Forest school/ Deputy Principal
- Level 3 Qualification in childcare.
- Experience working with 3 months-5-year-olds
- Ofsted inspection experience
- Forest school or outdoor Level 3 Qualification and experience of running a forest school class for 2 years +
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes is flexible and uses initiative
- An individual who is passionate about creating new and exciting learning environments.
We believe in supporting our staff and validating their hard work with a range of benefits:
- 28 days of annual leave, inclusive of public holiday
- Competitive salaries
- Career progression opportunities with three half day training sessions available for each staff member to book onto to support professional development
- Professional development with in-house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry
- Social events throughout the year
- Use of activity trackers daily for all staff
- Perk Box staff benefits scheme which offer a range of benefits
- To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Belmont Farm Nursery School, try our website on www.belmontfarmnurseryschool.co.uk. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!