Name of Organisation (Employer): Fairy Forest School
Closing date for applications: 28th February 2018
Location: Warrington and surrounding areas
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: email email@example.com with CV and covering letter
Job description: Role and responsibilities
- You will be responsible a forest school session – its set up and dismantling, its operation and running, customers and supervision of assisting staff
- Supervising set up and packing away requires a significant but manageable amount of lifting and carrying. You will supervise set up and operation of a fire area, tarpaulins, toilet, hammocks add other play equipment or activities.
- During the session you will lead interaction with children, parents and members of staff. You will manage groups around the fire and ensure food is cooked safely.
- You will ensure sessions comply with policies and procedures, licence agreements and insurance criteria, risk and environmental impact assessments so that Fairy Forest School’s legal duty of care is met.
- Experience of working with children - ESSENTIAL
- Hold a Forest School Practioner Level 3 (18 credits or 14 credits with suitable CPD evidence) ESSENTIAL
- Experience of forest school or outdoor education activities as part of an ongoing continuous personal professional development DESIRABLE
- Outdoor paediatric first aid certificate DESIRABLE
- Be physically fit/active and able to carry out lifting, transportation, set up and dismantling of equipment. ESSENTIAL
- Management or supervisory experience demonstrating leadership of assisting staff ESSENTIAL
- Current DBS certification DESIRABLE
Any other information: WE'RE LOOKING TO RECRUIT A FOREST SCHOOL LEADER TO SUPERVISE OUR FOREST SCHOOL TASTER EVENTS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND UNDERTAKE WORK IN SCHOOLS AND NURSERIES.
Our order book has grown but is still pretty variable so flexibility is key. We\'re after someone with our values that we can trust to professionally lead sessions. Most of our work is at weekends but their are potential opportunities to work in the week.
The initial time in this role will involve shadowing the director to observe and replicate current practice, learn policies and procedures to the point when you can lead a fairy forest school event to the same standard our customers have experienced. This process will be dependant on the candidate and would be great for an experienced forest school leader, a newly qualified leader or even someone currently completing their portfolio to achieve their FS3 qualification.
Our order book is growing as we gain more customers and retain our old ones. Currently the job is available as a 0 hours contract but there may well be scope to extend this to part time or more as our business grows more.
Pay will be determined by experience and qualifications at the time or employment and re-assessed once the candidate is able to step in and assume leadership responsibility for sessions.