Name of Organisation (Employer): Lyndon Green Infant School
Position being advertised (Job title): HLTA – Forest school Leader
Closing date for applications: 26th April 2017
Salary: £25,694-£32,164 per annum (based on 32.5 hours a week pro rata)
Location: Lyndon Green Infant School, Wychwood Crescent, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 1LZ
Job categories (check all that apply): Forest School Leader
How applicants should contact you / apply: Informal visits can be arranged and application packs requested from Mrs White, our Office Manager on 0121 675 3543 or email email@example.com
Job description (Download PDF)) Do you smile a lot and think that all learning should be fun, both inside and outdoors? Do you love the outdoors and have a passion for helping children learn outside? We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed HLTA to be a part of our Forest School team. We have three wonderful well established forest school classrooms which all our children use. Why not take a look at our forest school on our website and see for yourself?
As part of this role you will be expected to provide PPA cover for teaching staff.
We are a popular and successful 3 form entry school with a focus on child centred learning.
Candidates need to demonstrate:
- HLTA Qualified (or teacher qualification).
- A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- A commitment to working as part of a team.
- The ability to plan and resource structured outdoor learning opportunities for EYFS and KS1 throughout the day all year round.
- To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning.
- The ability to maintain the forest school area.
- The ability to cover a class when required. A flexible approach is essential to meet the needs of the school.
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with an inclusive ethos.
- A friendly, supportive staff team and Governing Body.
- A fully supported induction process.
- An opportunity to use your skills and develop professionally.
- Training will be given if you’re not already forest school trained.
- Planning time.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and will be expected to undergo an enhanced DBS clearance.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is essential for the post.
Person specification: As requested I will email a full Job Description and Person specification to you.