Name of Employer: Onside Coaching East Warwickshire
Job Title: Level 3 Practitioner
Salary: Hourly Rate £20/£25
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
How to Apply: Please email your CV and any relevant experience to: email@example.com or give phone on 07807596637
Job Description: As an expanding company, Onside Coaching East Warwickshire is looking to employ a Level 3 Forest School Practitioner, to teach in primary schools in Rugby and the surrounding area on a part-time basis.
Forest School Education is an inspiring process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for, plan and oversee the day to day delivery, organisation and smooth running of Forest Schools sessions.
- To evaluate sessions and to continually strive for improvement.
- To promote learning in the outdoor environment and the ethos of Forest Schools and outdoor learning.
- To be responsible always for high standards of care and education of all group members in accordance with the Forest Schools Association principles and criteria for good practice.
- To ensure effective communication with teachers, support staff, parents, volunteers, partner organisations and of course children, ensuring that all the learning is in line with current children\’s needs, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- To manage support staff and volunteers effectively, ensuring they embrace the ethos of forest schools.
- To ensure the health and safety of all participants, including writing and checking risk assessments for the sites, tools and activities used To regularly check and maintain tools and other equipment.
- To adhere to all relevant policies and procedures of the individual schools and settings To engage in continuous professional development.
- To carry out all other such duties as may from time to time be determined by the line manager.
Qualified Forest School Leader Level 3
Current Outdoor First Aid / Emergency First Aid or Paediatric First Aid certificate (can offer training) Experience of working with children and families Experience of running Forest School, events and activities or other relevant group activities Experience of delivering Forest School or outdoor education sessions Knowledge of current issues and good practice in education or childcare Ability to work independently, being self-reliant and using own initiative Good communication skills Ability to carry out practical outdoor activities Practical understanding of health and safety for outdoor activities, particularly fire safety
Any Other Information: Must have a full driving licence. Must have experience in leading a group of primary children.