Name of Organisation: The Hive
Job title: Bushcraft or Forest School Lead Facilitator
Closing date for applications: 01.03.2018
Salary: £130 per day to start with
Location: Greenwich, Sevenoaks, Northwood, Weybridge
How to apply: Please download the full job description and fill in our application form on The Hive website.
Job description: Facilitators are the heart and soul of the experience we offer children and families. Working at The Hive, you will be at the front line of engaging young people in the outdoors in an innovative and exciting way!
Our bushcraft missions are designed like mini-adventures with a focus on survival and nature skills. They\’re progressive, allowing children to build on their skills. This role is a Lead Facilitator role, where you will be working alongside and managing a Junior Instructor. You will need to be high energy, enthusiastic and fun, with a natural instinct for engaging children aged between 7 and 11 in the outdoors. To apply for the role, you must have experience of working with primary school children, as a Bushcraft or Level 3 Forest School Leader either in school or in an informal learning setting.
- Experience in delivering bushcraft or Forest School workshops with primary school aged children.
- You need to demonstrate good shelter building, fire lighting, whittling and wild cooking skills.
- A high energy and playful outlook with an instinctive understanding of what motivates children.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- A DBS Certificate issued within the past 2 years – this will be required PRIOR to job offer.
- A valid First Aid Certificate – this will be required PRIOR to job offer.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good punctuality is essential.