Name of Organisation: The Stephen Perse Foundation
Job title: Forest School Practitioner
Salary: The Stephen Perse Foundation has its own competitive salary scale
How to apply: Please apply directly through our online recruitment portal www.stephenperse.com/recruitment
Job description: The successful candidate will be working two full days a week during term time as a Forest School Practitioner across our sites at Madingley and Latham Road in Cambridge. Our Forest School practitioners working within the nursery, Early Years and Key Stage 1 are an important part of our provision. They plan and run stimulating and high-quality sessions and are responsible for directing the other adults throughout the session to support the pupils.
- To be part of an amazing team of passionate outdoor learning enthusiasts who are child centred, understand and commit to our ethos of The Stephen Perse Foundation
- Plan for and deliver high quality, practical and stimulating Forest School sessions that complement and support the thematic and weekly planning for each key group that meets the needs of all pupils.
- Set up the camp and session and pack away afterwards.
- Through sensitive and careful interactions (talking, listening, teaching, observing) support the children in setting and achieving their own aims, and extend and challenge their understanding and knowledge in all areas of learning.
- Demonstrate high expectations of the children in all aspects of their development, from self-care to communication and language.
- Undertake all the practical aspects of looking after 2–7-year-olds and ensure their wellbeing – e.g, helping them change, ensuring hands are washed, helping them at lunchtime, making sure they are warm enough and that they undertake aspects of personal hygiene.
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and applied at all times.
Hours of work:
The position is term-time only plus 4 INSET days (35.8 weeks); 14 hours/week - Tuesday and Fridays, 8.00am - 4.00pm.
The closing date for applications is on 19 April 2019.
Interviews will take place on 25 April 2019
Person specification: Qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 or higher (or equivalent qualification) in Early Years, Childcare or Early Childhood Studies
- English and Maths, GCSE Grade C (or equivalent)
- Forest school or outdoor Level 3 Qualification and experience of running a forest school class
- Forest School First Aid Certificate
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working within an Early Years setting or KS1
- Digitally Competent in using IT to support Children’s learning
- An individual who is passionate about creating new and exciting learning environments.
- Ability to complete observations and plan activities that respond to the children’s needs
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Familiarity with iPads and Google Drive
Any other information: We are unable to accept CVs as a method of application.
The Stephen Perse Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.