Name of Organisation: Kingskerswell C of E Primary School
Position being advertised (Job title): Forest School Assistant
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2018
Salary: £7.97 per hour
Location: Kingskerswell, Newton Abbot, Devon
How to apply: Please complete the application form on Devon Jobs Website https://www.devonjobs.gov.uk/
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the lead in the running of Forest School sessions.
- To assist with the lead with the timetable, plan and preparing sessions.
- To assist with the lead setting up activities and getting equipment and materials ready.
- To assist with the lead to carry out regular assessments in line with the school assessment policy and plan according to pupils needs.
- To maintain the materials, tools and equipment to ensure they are safe to use.
- To assist with the lead in preparing and keeping up to date the relevant Risk Assessment, as well as having an awareness (including daily Risk Assessments).
- To assist the lead with advising and supporting the school in maintaining the Forest School area in a suitable state.
- To assist with the lead with action plans and supporting the budget in line with the action plan.
- To assist with the lead in monitoring the impact of the Forest School and pupil progress and emotional well-being.
- To follow the correct procedures for ordering/purchasing any equipment.
- To help promote the Forest School.
- To participate in annual performance appraisals and to agree with your line manager targets for the following year.
- To contact the Deputy Headteacher by 7:15am if they are unable to attend school, due to sickness or any other circumstances beyond their control.
- To carry out other duties as required by the Forest School Lead and Head Teacher.
This job description describes in general terms the normal duties which the post holder will be expected to undertake. However, the job description or the duties contained therein may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with this post.
Person specification: The governors would like to appoint a Forest School Assistant who can deliver exciting forest school and outdoor learning activities. We are looking for a dedicated and proactive individual who enjoys working with children and can share their love of the forest school and learning in the outdoors. You will help run regular, accessible and engaging forest school activities, under the leadership of our Forest School Lead, on site for groups of children from Nursery to Year 6. You will contribute to assessment and liaise with class teachers to support children/s academic progress and emotional well-being. A forest school qualification would be preferable buy not essential as in house training will be provided. Candidates will need: A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways. Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. A commitment to working as part of a team. The ability to support planning and resourcing structured outdoor learning opportunities for EYFS KS1 KS2. To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning. The ability to maintain the forest school area. We can offer you a welcoming and supportive staff team, personalised CPD and children who really want to learn and behave very well. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcome: Contact Karen Strachan 01803 873398 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires a DBS disclosure. The role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English