Outdoor Learning Leader
Putney and Fulham
Salary of up to £33,000 pro rata
If you’re a qualified early years practitioner or primary school teacher who is passionate about outdoor, child-led learning, this is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting, new challenge as an Outdoor Learning Leader.
Wild About Play is a growing social enterprise that helps children have fun, feel free and explore their inner strengths through playful learning in nature.
By combining forest school philosophy, Montessori way of learning and recent neuroscience findings, we provide a safe and stimulating place where children are nurtured to grow through play in the outdoors.
Due to ongoing growth, we’re now looking for an Outdoor Learning Leader to join our dedicated team, working in Putney and Fulham.
- Salary of up to £33,000 pro rata
- 28 days’ holiday pro rata inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Tailored development to support your learning and professional goals
- Mentoring in planning and delivering sessions
This is a fantastic opportunity to increase your leaderships skills and join a talented team who are passionate about empowering children and nurturing their growth.
You will have the chance to create imaginative learning sessions that inspire children, encourage their creativity and teach them to understand and appreciate the world around them.
So, if you want to make a positive difference to young learners and develop a rewarding career with an ambitious, exciting business, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Outdoor Learning Leader, you’ll inspire Practitioners to deliver exceptional outdoor learning sessions to children aged 2.5 – 10 years old.
Fostering a safe, positive environment for learners, you will:
- Lead a team of up to five practitioners
- Encourage staff to follow children’s interests and enhance their learning through play in nature
- Plan and deliver engaging sessions to learners
- Build positive relationships with parents and guardians
To join us as our Outdoor Learning Leader, you will need:
- Experience as a qualified primary school teacher and/or as a qualified early years practitioner
- A passion for creative, outdoor, child-led learning
- The ability to work creatively with music, art and maths to inspire children
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work closely with parents and child development practitioners
Additional skills that could be an advantage to your application:
- Experience of Montessori and Steiner methods of teaching
- A Forest School Leader qualification
- First Aid training
- Experience of driving a minibus
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Primary School Teacher, Teacher, Early Years Practitioner, Tutor, Outdoor Learning Co-ordinator, Outdoor Learning Practitioner, Forest School Practitioner, Forest School Assistant or Forest School Leader.
This will initially be a part time role, working Monday – Thursday, leading to full time (with additional hours available from March 2020).
Webrecruit and Wild About Play are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting, new challenge as our Outdoor Learning Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
No agencies please.