Name of Organisation (Employer): Stephens House & Gardens
The position being advertised (Job title): Volunteer Outdoor Play Assistant
Closing date for applications: 8/4/2019
Location (where is this job-based?): Stephens House & Gardens 17 East End Road, Finchley, London N3 3QE
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Please email Rachel Lederman at email@example.com
This is a volunteering opportunity for Spring Availability Spring Seedlings six Tuesday morning sessions from 10:30-1130 starting from the 23rd April 2019
The children are aged 18 months to 5 years.
Stephens House and Gardens have a lengthy and fascinating history both in the grounds and the house itself. It is a Grade two listed building with 10 acres of beautiful grounds.
The aim of our Spring seedlings programme is to enable children and their grownups to discover nature and have play opportunities together in the outside environment. The programme offers a number of activities which include nature trails, storytelling, natural art activities, mud pies, bug exploration.
- To support the Forest School Leader, working with a group of 10 toddlers and their parent or carer.
- Help in setting up, running and clearing away of equipment.
- Help in the assessment and management of health and safety
- Add and contribute ideas to the content of sessions Personal attributes needed
- Contribute to the evaluation of the programme
Person specification: Essential
- Be over 18 years old
- Have a desire to learn about the Forest School ethos.
- Be enthusiastic and happy to work outside in all types of weather.
- Have good communication skills
- Have a clear, current DBS check and experience of working with children.
- Have experience in a wildlife/rural working environment.
Any other information: Due to the nature of this role references will be required. Please contact:
Rachel Lederman firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form