Name of Employer: The Garden Classroom
Job Title: Camp Facilitator
Salary: Details upon application
How to Apply: Please send your CV and a short cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th January 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview before 12th January 2020
Job Description: Be part of TGC’s 2020 Learning Away programme in Kent and Sussex. TGC is seeking first class facilitators to work in a team for its forthcoming 2020 learning Away camping programme. London state school primary children will join the TGC team for 1 night sleepovers and 3 night camps in May and June 2020. We are looking for experienced and passionate people to deliver high quality outdoor learning in natural environments in a camping setting.
The safeguarding of young people in our care is essential. All TGC employees are required to adhere to TGC’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures including a full DBS check and two references
Person Specification: Ideal candidates will already have the following skills / training:
- Forest School Level 3
- Extensive experience working with young people in the outdoors
- Prior experience of leading or attending camping experiences for children and young people with organisations such as Scouts, forest school camps and other charitable and commercial organisations
- Forest Schools first aid training (completed within the last 12 months) or willingness to attend two day first aid training 16th and 17th April 2020
- Teaching qualifications (e.g. PGCE)
- Wildlife / flora & fauna interest and knowledge • A full clean driving licence (and willingness to drive) • Availability during the period 1st-22nd May and 1st to 30th June • Willingness to take part in training to ensure high quality activity
Any Other Information: Download information about the role at: https://www.thegardenclassroom.org.uk/work-with-us/
Find out more about TGC’s natural residential offer by watching our short film www.thegardenclassroom.org.uk/what-we-do/education/residentials/tgcs-brilliant-residential