Name of Employer: Mulberry Outdoor
Job Title: Early Years Practitioner – Full or Part Time
Location: Myatt’s Fields Park, Lambeth, South London
Job categories: Forest School Assistant
How to Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Early Years Practitioner level 2/3 preferably with Forest School training but not essential as we can offer full training.
Mulberry Outdoor, a Scandinavian style Pre-School focusing on education through nature, is looking to fill an immediate vacancy for an Early Years Practitioner to join them in their beautiful Urban Outdoor setting. We are located within Myatt’s Fields Park, Lambeth, London.
We are a team of local Early Years Educators, with a passion for getting children involved with nature and the environment, creatively incorporating the Early Years curriculum. Almost all of the school hours are spent outdoors in all weather and we use the natural calendar of nature and world natural science events to structure the children’s child-led discovery and education. We have an indoor space that is used for some activities and toilet facilities and this opens out on to our garden where we play, teach, and tend the fruit & vegetable garden.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and hard-working Early Years Practitioner to join our friendly team in our Outdoor Pre-school. A minimum qualification of level 2/3 is required, along with your current DBS Certificate. Forest School level training & Paediatric First Aid Qualification are an advantage but can be provided.
We have a fantastic nursery setting within a park and as most of the day is spent outdoors, we need someone who shows a real passion for outdoor activities and education and will continue to build on our mission and ethos. You must be willing to work in an outside setting in all weathers throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be tasked with providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children aged 2-5.
- Outdoor Clothing provided
- Professional development
- Career progression
- School holidays
- plus other benefits
The role will provide a unique opportunity to shape your next phase of growth. You would be joining us at a really exciting time in our evolution as we seek new premises to expand our concept. Members of our team will also be embarking on Forest School Leader training in Surrey from October, so this will be an opportunity for the successful applicant to also take part in.
What does the role involve?
- To assist with the development and delivering of activities
- Ensure all participants are engaged and having fun in a safe environment.
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching the Urban Outdoor school experience to children.
- Rate of pay: competitive salary
- Location: Lambeth, London
- Full Time
Person Specification: level 2/3 Early Years Practitioner. We are looking for someone who:
- Has a keen interest and experience of working outdoors and has some experience in forest schools programmes
- Enjoys working with children
- Is enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, prompt, helpful and supportive.
- Will enjoy being part of a positive and committed team
- Is confident and outgoing with excellent communications skills
- Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner