Name of Organisation (Employer): Blossom Years
The position being advertised (Job title): Forest School Leader
Salary (per week, month, year OR negotiable, not applicable): Negotiable
Location (where is this job based?): Chislehurst and surrounding area, South East London, BR7
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply: Queries and applications about this post can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, please email your CV with a covering letter in the first instance.
Job description: To carry out the duties of a Forest School Leader for Blossom Years pre-school children in accordance with Blossom Years policies, under the direction of the Directors.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
- To plan, prepare and deliver a range of Forest School sessions, with support from assistants as appropriate, to the children attending our nurseries and pre-schools.
- Must be available week days throughout the year, but hours are negotiable and do a degree flexible.
- To liaise with setting managers prior to sessions to ensure plans are appropriate and all needs and expectations are met.
- To supervise and support preschool aged children with varying needs while delivering sessions.
- To create and maintain an engaging, fun and supportive environment, demonstrating flexibility in planning and running sessions in response to varying/changing needs of children.
- To ensure that all sessions are well prepared.
- To be aware of and comply with all Blossom Years Policies and Procedures.
- To participate in training and other learning activities/meetings as required.
- To administer basic first aid as the need arises.
- To observe confidentiality at all times.
- To undertake all duties reasonably requested by the Director
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Person specification : Skills and understanding
- Proven ability to plan and deliver environmental education based activities to a wide age
- a range of children.
- First aid trained
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to
- Disseminate information to a variety of audiences.
- A strong team working ethos and ability to work collaboratively with assistants and
- Forest School Level 3 certification
- Recent and significant experience in leading Forest School/outdoor education sessions with
- Children of a range of ages.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work with different groups of staff, teachers,
- students and the general public
- A flexible and proactive work ethic and a positive attitude
- Strong customer focus and be able to demonstrate the importance of service quality
- Ability to communicate to the needs of different audiences
- Punctual, organised (can organise own work load and that of support staff/volunteers)
Any other information: Able to work week days all year and some weekends.
Full UK driving license and own transport.