Name of Employer: The Hive
Job Title: Mission Lead Facilitator: Bushcraft
Closing Date: Friday 12th March 2020
Salary: £80/day for training. £650/week for delivery (£130/day) Invoice monthly, at the end of the month
Location: Mottingham, Weybridge, Rickmansworth, Roehampton, Guildford
How to Apply: To apply, please film in our online form at https://thehive-kids.com/pages/recruitment-form-1
Job Description: Founded in May 2014, The Hive is a fast-growing education company focused on Outdoor Learning. We run workshops for children, families, and grown-ups. The Hive is unique in the UK, bringing together outdoor learning, narrative, and technology in a Forest School setting.
Please see our website for more information about our work: http://www.thehive-kids.com/
The Mission Lead Facilitator is responsible for the overall successful delivery of The Hive’s missions: you will be at the front line of engaging young people in the outdoors in an innovative and exciting way!
Each day you will lead dynamic activities, engaging and enthusing a group of young people while fulfilling the learning outcomes of the Mission Brief. Working alongside a Mission Facilitator, and as part of a larger camp team, Lead Mission Facilitators play a key role in delivering an exceptional Hive experience for children and families.
This role refers to our Bushcraft Missions.? Our Bushcraft Missions are designed like mini-adventures with a focus on bushcraft and nature skills, gamified challenges and survival technology.
To apply for the role, you must have experience of working with children and young people, ideally delivering practical workshops in either a school or an informal learning setting. A willingness to work outdoors and in nature is a must. You will need to be energetic, versatile and committed, with a natural instinct for engaging children aged between 8-13 in practical sessions.
- With support from the Mission Facilitator, lead the delivery of the Mission Flow to a group of young people from 8 – 13 years old, ensuring that learning objectives are met.
- Engage the group with bushcraft and survival based activities including shelter building, fire lighting, whittling, and wild cooking skills.
- Nurture teamwork and group dynamics, making sure that all children are participating, achieving their goals and enjoying themselves.
- Ensure that you are aware of particular needs of children– medical, emotional, etc. – and that those are attended to.
- Ensure the close supervision of the children at all times.
- Supervise some lunch and snack times following a team rota.
- Support the set-up, pack down and maintenance of all mission resources.
- Interact professionally with parents and carers.
- Participate in 1-2 day(s) of practical Hive training
Person Specification:: Personal Specification. Knowledgeable and skilled in the fields of bushcraft and/or forest schools: please specify in your application.
- Experience in delivering practical workshops with children or young people (either in a school or an informal learning setting).
- An interest in the prospect of working in nature and the outdoors.
- An energetic and playful approach with an instinctive understanding of what motivates children.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in using tablet technology (preferably with children).
- A DBS certificate issued within the past 2 years– this will be required prior to a job offer.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Punctual, reliable and committed.
- Paediatric First Aid Trained (desirable).
Any Other Information: Time requirements and working hours Before camp: A minimum of one training day.
During camp: A minimum of 3 weeks across the year (a week = 4/5 consecutive days) Shift 1: 8 am – 5 pm / Monday to Friday Shift 2: 9 am – 6 pm / Monday to Friday
The Hive is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.