Name of Employer: Churchwood Forest School and Kindergarten
Job Title: Qualified Early Years Practitioner for Forest School Kindergarten (Freelance)
Closing Date: 20/12/2019
Salary: £8 per hour
Location: Wembury, South Devon
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com
Job Description: Are you passionate about early years education, the outdoors and connecting children back to nature?
Come and join our team at our 100% outdoor Kindergarten based on the South Devon coast, where we provide care for 2-7 years olds, giving them life skills that will help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
As our ideal nursery practitioner, you will be creative, high-energy, outstanding with children and dedicated to having fun. You will have knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and be able to scaffold an environment for child-led, play-based learning. You will join a dynamic team and work together to provide wonderful opportunities for children to explore and develop.
- Location: Wembury, South Devon
- Hours: Mondays and Tuesdays 8.30am-3.30pm (Term time only) Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: £8 per hour (self employed basis)
Experience working with children aged 2-7 years old and a minimum of level 2 in childcare or QTS is essential for qualified roles. Forest school or outdoor education experience is desirable but not essential. You\’ll be flexible, with strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Churchwood Kindergarten, feel free to find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/churchwoodkindergarten or try our website on www.churchwoodforestschool.com.
Should you have any questions about the role, we\’d love to hear from you!
Person Specification: As Forest School Practitioner, you will be involved in planning and implementing learning opportunities, specific to the needs of the ages and stages of development of the children, encouraging them to develop to their full potential. In order to do this, you will create varied ways of teaching the forest school experience to children through a range of resources and teaching styles. You will be expected to implement the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including carrying out observations and assessments of key children, in order to develop and sustain an outstanding Early Years outdoors environment.
You will lead forest schooling in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the Kindergarten. Whilst supervising the children, you will establish routines and boundaries to ensure the wellbeing and safety of the children, ensuring that any safeguarding concerns are dealt with without delay.
In addition to your day to day duties, you will be expected to maintain and develop the site, carry out daily cleaning and attend staff meetings and training to ensure you remain up to date with legislation and implementation of best practice, including Health and Safety.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Minimum Level 2 in childcare ideally Level 3 or equivalent
- An understanding of the Forest School Ethos
- A minimum GCSE Grade C, or equivalent, in English and Mathematics
- Certificate in Paediatric First Aid
- Level 2 Safeguarding
- Strong communication skills and the enthusiasm to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to fulfil the requirements of a DBS check
- The ability to undertake the physical aspects of the post and be comfortable to work in all weathers, outside.
- Due to the location of this post, own transport is essential.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- A Forest School qualification
- Certificate in Paediatric First Aid.
- An understanding of Early Years Learning Journals and record keeping via Tapestry software.