Name of Employer: Rangers Kindergarten Natural Play and Learning
Job Title: Senior Forest School Educator
Closing Date: 11th February 2020
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Bethnal Green, London
How to Apply: Rangerskindy@gmail.com
Permanent | 4-5 days per week
Salary: to be confirmed dependent on experience
- Minimum level 3 childcare qualification
- Experience in a senior role essential
- Steiner Waldorf training / Forest School Leader training/ QTS desirable
- A love of outdoor learning and enthusiasm for working outdoors whatever the weather
- A good sense of humour and a sense of adventure!
- Hours: 8 am – 5 pm 4 days per week
- Start date: Mid February 2020
Rangers Kindergarten Natural Play and Learning are an Early Years and Education setting based in Bethnal Green for children aged 1– 7 years. We believe that early childhood is magical and we offer gentle, respectful care in a natural and nourishing environment. Our site sits in a forested corner of Bethnal Green Gardens where we offer nature play and seasonal forest school activities. We believe that outdoor learning allows children the space to grow, breathe and shine. We are developing a unique approach, blending the best bits of Forest School, Steiner Waldorf, Reggio Emilia, and Pikler philosophies.
We are looking for a very special person to join us in a senior role in this exciting adventure. If you are committed to making a change for children and are a dynamic individual capable of leading and motivating our wonderful team please do get in touch.
Job description in brief:
- Managing the safe and effective day to day running of the kindergarten
- Staff mentoring and supervision
- Overseeing planning and monitoring/records of children’s progress
- Delivery of the EYFS in line with Ofsted requirements
- Recruitment, staffing and managing the rota
- Managing an effective Key Person system that fully supports the individual needs of all children and families
- Working with the management team to create an environment where children and team are happy, secure and relaxed
- Supporting and challenging your team to help each child maximise their potential
- Working with the management team to ensure safeguarding and health and safety requirements are met
- Welcoming and making arrangements for prospective and new families
- Working closely with parents
- Emphasis on staff wellbeing and positive work-life balance
- Opportunity for promotion within the company
- Frequent and nourishing training including forest school skills, Steiner Waldorf courses
- Discount in childcare fees if required
- Support to gain further qualifications
The Kindergarten takes its commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people very seriously and expects all staff, students, and volunteers to do the same.
We aim to ensure that all people working with children are suitable to do so and we are therefore extremely vigilant when recruiting new staff to join our team. You will be expected to provide references and undergo DBS checks. You will also need to fill out an application form before attending an interview, this will be emailed to you once you have applied.