Name of Organisation: Educating Kids Outdoors
Position being advertised: EKO After-School Club Leader
Closing date for applications: On-going
Salary: £40 per session (3-5 p.m.)
Location: Various locations in the Midlands including Telford, Shropshire and Wolverhampton / Brewood, Staffordshire
Explain how applicants should contact you / apply:
For more information take a look at our website at www.ekolearning.org.uk or for an informal discussion please contact Natasha Branston on 07876 658467 If interested please send your CV to email@example.com
Job description: Educating Kids Outdoors is a small organisation delivering bushcraft and curriculum based outdoor learning sessions in schools. We are currently looking for freelance leaders to run after-school clubs (3.15 p.m. - 4.45 p.m.) in some of the schools in which we work.
The weekly sessions are based around Forest School principles and respond to the opportunities provided by the different school sites and seasons, alongside the different pupils’ needs and interests.
Person specification - An ‘EKO’ Leader needs to have:
- A creative and dynamic approach to managing behaviour fairly, inspiring confidence supportively, encouraging new experiences enthusiastically and engaging with the next generation positively.
- The relevant experience, skills and qualifications to plan, risk assess, resource and deliver outdoor learning sessions with a group of upto 18 children (aged 4-12 yrs) and only a parent volunteer to assist you.
- To commit to a minimum of one school term of weekly after-school sessions (3-5 p.m.); whether that be one session a week or up to five; the choice is yours.
- Minimum requirements will include outdoor first aid, Bushcraft/Forest School qualification and delivery experience, and an up-to-date DBS.
- Teaching/classroom experience will also be useful.
Any other information: Future opportunities could include delivering EKO sessions during school time and at our holiday clubs, as well as discounted training and CPD through EKO’s membership of IOL.