Little Monkeys Day Nursery
Position being advertised: Forest School Leader
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2017
Salary: negotiable depending on experience and qualification
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
How to apply: Please apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone: 01403 230 404
- Plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive activities for all children
- Organise daily Forest School sessions ensuring staff ratios are maintained
- To be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of all children in accordance with Forest School rules and other legislative statutory requirements.
- To order and maintain equipment and resources
- To be responsible for Forest School supplementary staff monitoring and supporting them
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching the forest school experience to children.
- To supervise, observe, mentor and support children when out on forest school
- Record children’s development and progress when out on forest school.
- Select and use a range of different resources and teaching styles, appropriate to the forest school experience.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the Little Monkeys health and safety guidance and be mindful of their own health and safety and that of the children.
- Promote positive routines and boundaries to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children whilst on forest school.
- Supervising the children at all times.
- To be a positive role model to all staff and conduct yourselves in an appropriate professional manner at all times.
- Where agreed, you will contribute at staff meetings.
- Cover for absent colleagues
- Produce daily planning which will evidence what you aim to achieve with the children
- Ensure all planning is displayed each day so parents can access the information daily
- Continue with your professional development and attend any relevant training as required.
- Give regular feedback regarding development and progress to be included where appropriate in Learning Journals
- The Forest School Practitioner must adhere to any relevant Policies and procedures
Person specification: Skills and Knowledge
· Good communications skills both written and verbal
· Team Player
· Ability to accurately assess and record child development
· Provide ‘stage’ appropriate experiences and activities for the children in your care
· Understanding of Customer Care
· Understanding of EYFS
- Level 3 forest school leader
· Desired, but not essential NVQ level 3 child care qualification
· Experience working with children
· Empathy and integrity with children
· Forward planning
· Customer focused
· Collaboration with other team members
· Act at all times in line with the Nursery’s Values and Mission Statement
· Is an advocate of Little Monkeys Nursery
· Able to work shift patterns
· To wear the Nursery Uniform and suitable outdoor clothing as required
Any other information: We are a well established Nursery based on the edge of Horsham park, and within walking distance of the market town. We have a good reputation within Horsham, as we take visits into the community twice daily to fulfill the interests and developmental needs of the children. We are a friendly team who are always reflective on our practice and passionate about providing the very best for the children in our care.