Location: Kingsbury Green Primary School
Vacancy: Forest School Leader & Outdoor learning instructor
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Term time (38 weeks + 5 days), part time 2 days per week including Tuesday's (full time will also be considered)
Contract: 1 year fixed term
Kingsbury Green Primary is an “outstanding” primary school with 673 pupils, set in extensive grounds on the northern edge of Brent. We are an ambitious and forward looking vision for excellence in every aspect of our work. We are firmly on that path as pupils show confidence and behave in an extremely polite, thoughtful and supportive manner, which contributes to a very positive and nurturing school culture.
Do you smile a lot and think that all learning should be fun, both inside and outdoors? Do you love the outdoors and have a passion for helping children learn outside?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed HLTA to lead and develop our Forest school and outdoor curriculum, including gardening. We have phenomenal outdoor resources that all our children use. As part of this role you will be expected to provide PPA cover for teaching staff.
The successful candidate will be able to fully demonstrate enhanced interpersonal skills, an alignment with the vision and ethos of each school vision and proven success in improving their own practice through self and further study. Utilising the extensive outdoor spaces and resources you will develop and facilitate a year round programme of horticulture and outdoor learning.
Candidates need to demonstrate:
- HLTA Qualified (or teacher qualification)
- A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A commitment to working as part of a team
- The ability to plan and resource structured outdoor learning opportunities from EYFS to KS2 throughout the day all year round
- To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning
- The ability to maintain the forest school area working with our premises team
- The ability to cover a class when required. A flexible approach is essential to meet the needs of the school
- Level 2 or 3 Forest School Association qualification
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with an inclusive ethos
- A fully supported induction process
- An opportunity to use your skills and develop professionally
- Training will be given if you’re not already Forest School Leader trained
- Planning time
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is essential for the post.
To download an application pack: please visit our website at www.kingsburygreenprimaryschool.org.uk or if you require further information please contact the school office on: 0208 204 6423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date & shortlisting: Monday 2nd October 2017 at 12:00 noon
Interviews: Friday 6th October 2017
Kingsbury Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to interview. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced CRB check.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.